Hello all

Rich C

Hi,

A quick introduction of myself and also a test to see if I can get the hang of this computer communication!

I am Richard Cooper, live south of Colchester and have a Ferret and the next project a Mk6 Saracen with duff gearbox and other yet to find ailments.

I have started this military vehicle hobby? late in life getting a wreck of a 2/3 ferret in November 2004. The turret and 3 wheels went round but little else worked, now after taking things to bits, heating, hitting, cutting, sanding, soldering, welding, painting and talking nicely to her 04CC12 is on the road. Running well enough to join 2 other Ferrets - Lindsay and Eddy to make our own little outing.

I hope there are some experts out there as I will get stuck at some stage.

Thanks

Welcome Richard and sounds like you have earnt some stripes already with your first project. You are spoilt for choice here on HMVF as there is some serious skills amongst the membership and they are only to happy to help.

The clubhouse is open and please keep your feet of the furniture - the dancing Girls should be with you presently.......!

Best wishes.

Jack.

Welcome to the club/group there are a Lot of very talented and Mechanical minded people here so if the problem can be described of photographed then it can be Fixed , it may cost a bit more or take a bit longer to fix but in the end it will be better than new.

Perhaps we can even get you to come over to the dark side :evil: ;-) :-D

Welcome Richard and sounds like you have earnt some stripes already with your first project. You are spoilt for choice here on HMVF as there is some serious skills amongst the membership and they are only to happy to help.

The clubhouse is open and please keep your feet of the furniture - the dancing Girls should be with you presently.......!

Best wishes.

Jack.

This all sounds like masonic ferritism, the best i got offered when i first got here was scrubbing the clubhouse bogs with a toothbrush!!

I'll be around shortly to show you some serious skills! :naughty:

Thanks all.

I am playing with this programme so don't know if I am relying to all or just a few. Will check with you EAFVG experts at the next meeting.

I should have put in the introduction that Eddy started me off on this by giving us a ride in his Stolly 3 years ago!

Clive I thought we could have a combined Ferret and Saracen convoy if yours are all running and we could get a few more drivers.

• 2 months later...
I thought we could have a combined Ferret and Saracen convoy if yours are all running and we could get a few more drivers.

You'd need more than A FEW drivers to get all of Clive's toys out at the same time ;-)

Is the EAFVG website up and running yet Richard? I just did a quick Google (insert your own jokes here...) but couldn't find it.

Gareth

Gareth,

try "http:homepages.tesco.net/~canadleaf5/EAFVG/index.htm" I have set the domain to look at this page but it is taking longer than 48hours to come through.

I have added another little event in Colchester, ant there are bound to be Typos and missing bits. All comments accepted.

Will look at your web site next.

Richard