Mystery Object No.58

fv1609

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (don't all go into shock at once) that it is medical kit. Specifically for applying traction to fractures. Like a Thompson splint, still on issue, I have one in the 101s kit.

Not really Tony, so how would it work?

Not really Tony, so how would it work?

The Thompson, which looks a bit like a windsock without canvas and a metal frame, leg fits in and bandage is put round boot to keep leg straight and stiff. Thought this might fit under stretcher frame with boot strapped to bar at the end. So next guess is a frame for early radio or telephone the bar at end being for a cable reel. Early radios used ariels about 180 feet long.

The Thompson, which looks a bit like a windsock without canvas and a metal frame, leg fits in and bandage is put round boot to keep leg straight and stiff. Thought this might fit under stretcher frame with boot strapped to bar at the end.

Nope

So next guess is a frame for early radio or telephone the bar at end being for a cable reel. Early radios used ariels about 180 feet long.

Nope

Going by the eared bolts and adjustable distance brackets on the right of the picture it looks like its for clamping to a bench, the top looks like a lamp bracket, although i cant work out what the hinged stay is supposed to be doing?