Question ??? Road Sign ?

7SigTp

These are generic sign boards that have special holes in them to allow them to be mounted on the metal stakes with the corresponding button head studs on them. The boards can be used over and over again with anything and everything on them. A roller and some black paint and you have a fresh board. B196 is likely something very mundane and boring. The boards were made of a funny pressed kind of cardboard tar paper material that was indestructible. Usual name for them was route signs.

Edited by robin craig

Thank you for your prompt reply and the link 👍 

Yes, i know these Signs, i have a lot of them, in black and in white with an arrow on it.

We use this to mark the MSR, CP, POL point...... and so on.

But i can´t remember encrypted unit numbers, for this is eg B196 is a part of the RLC.

I Know the route marker with a bell on it and arrow for route BELL on the Autobahn or streets.

Is eg B196 a short for the UIN ? 🤔

Best

Kay

These are rather fun. I buy them if they are cheap enough & no I don't pinch them from the road side!

Other themes I have seen are Moon, Sun, Lion, Elephant etc

I don't know what the criteria are for text or symbol. I hate to think it, but are symbols more modern because of current educational limitations? Especially when the two lower ones could give rise to confusion?

IMG_20220816_172446a.jpg.144c671845db7893ec43acae78061568.jpg

• Like 2