Hello from Germany

7SigTp

Hello together,🙋‍♂️

My name is Kay, i`m new in this forum, thank you for let me in.

I live 30 km east of Dortmund (ex BFPO 112 area) in Germany, drive a 90 FFR Landrover ex Reg No. 58KK32.

My main point is BAOR (Signals) of the 80th/90.

If anyone whant to know more about me, please ask me 😉

Best wishes

Kay

• Like 1

Hi, yes i know 7 Sig Rgt in Herford as well. 👍

The reason for " 7 Sig Tp " is as follow, former times i was in a re-anactment club and lead the 7th SQN (Signals). For various reason i left the club and do my own thing, 

Now we are only a few people and so we are a tp. 😉

By the way, one of the flags (Union Jack) that flew over the HQ in Herford is in my collection 😁

Best

Kay

The HQ in Herford was HQ 4 Div. 7 Sigs was a 3/4 mile up the road from there!

The barrack blocks of 4 div are still standing But who is housed in them is now probably civilian's! 

Across from these Buildings there was a massive green sports field. Large enough for four sperate rugby / football pitches with space to spare.

I lived on the top floor with my Parents in the late sixties. In one of the four blocks of flats that ran parallel with this green field. These were at that time married quarters for service Personell & Thier families. I THINK the name of the main road was Ullman Strasse?  VERY happy memories of our time there! sadly 7 Signal regiments original camp was totally demolished & is now German civilian Housing 😔

Yes, it is very sad to see whats happening with the old barracks.

It´s the same in the area i live. all british barracks were demolished.

The only british army complex is still in Paderborn with the training center and in Hameln a mixed (GE/UK) Btn with royal engineers.

Best 

Kay