FVRDE British military toys catalogue of the 60s

Mark Ellis

Thought members might like this.
With thanks to Michael Green, ex REME who had a spell with FVRDE in the sixties.

I'm informed that this catalogue of British military toys is from 1966, the Chertsey exhibition opened 29th September 1966. The Land Rover Mk 2 Lightweight is in development, the Bedford MK is referred to as RKs, and the Mk 2 Stolly is there, but only reference the Arty limber as a footnote - page 188 (198 in the pdf)

The file is 28Mb. Just edited to upload a smaller version

F-V-R-D-E-Catalogue-Facebook-optimised.pdf

Edited by Mark Ellis
Document date

Mark it is too big a file for me to download as I have no broadband. But are you sure it is from 1968? I am not aware that there was an exhibition in 1968, from the points you mention they seem to tie in with the 1966 exhibition.

1 hour ago, fv1609 said:

... But are you sure it is from 1968? I am not aware that there was an exhibition in 1968, from the points you mention they seem to tie in with the 1966 exhibition.

Hi, Clive.

As I say, "I think" - but I really don't know. Michael thinks it's 64, but I think from the Stolly 2 being in production then it has to be at least  late 66. Sadly the front cover is missing. When was the exhibition in 66, and where?

1 hour ago, fv1609 said:

Mark it is too big a file for me to download as I have no broadband.

Are you still on dial-up Clive? Because if you are then perhaps it's time to upgrade.

I use mobile broadband from Vodafone for my internet. Happily uploads and downloads large files when it's working. Vodafone broadband is getting cheaper every year. And they now offer unlimited downloads.

But if you open the link, it opens the file at Google drive rather than downloading it all

Edited by Mark Ellis

Chertsey exhibition opened 29th September 1966.

Dial up? No sometimes I wish I had it as my connection is sometimes slower. There is no broadband, the phone line is not great we are literally the last phone at the end of the line & there is no mobile phone coverage.

Vodaphone shows my location has limited 2G outdoor coverage & that's it. However I have an EE antenna on the roof that is aimed at a hill behind which is another hill behind which is an EE mast to fill the coverage of a dead spot. Unfortunately my dead spot has only 3 dwellings in the postcode, so we are not a priority.

I dread to think what will happen when BT/Openreach start their programme of dismantling telephone cables. Causing lots of problems in other parts of Wales.

I am communicating now (I hope) through an EE roof antenna but this is dependant on RF propagation with the weather & how many other users are watching HD TV, playing games & sending chat/pics on their social media.

So I dread someone sending me a large attachment because it can block all other emails until it has eventually downloaded.

There is no gas & no main drainage but it is a beautiful view across the valley where I can only see one house, the farm the other side of the valley. But that is the price I am happy to pay for peace & quiet  : )

Clive -

As a by-product of discussions with Openreach when trying to improve my sister's 2Mbps-if-you're-lucky broadband, I was told that they'll only install an FTTC cabinet if there are at least 30 premises for it to serve.  If it's less than that they will (eventually) install FTTP, which is why I'm typing this from deepest unexplored Cornwall on an 800Mbps fibre connection!

Andy

50 minutes ago, wally dugan said:

It's the 1966 catalogue with the left hand drive moke picture the preface pages in the early days were the same text and pictures the same ones appear in several  catalogues

Thanks. Updated the original post

2 hours ago, fv1609 said:

Dial up? No sometimes I wish I had it as my connection is sometimes slower. There is no broadband, the phone line is not great we are literally the last phone at the end of the line & there is no mobile phone coverage.

Vodaphone shows my location has limited 2G outdoor coverage & that's it. However I have an EE antenna on the roof that is aimed at a hill behind which is another hill behind which is an EE mast to fill the coverage of a dead spot. Unfortunately my dead spot has only 3 dwellings in the postcode, so we are not a priority.

I dread to think what will happen when BT/Openreach start their programme of dismantling telephone cables. Causing lots of problems in other parts of Wales.

I am communicating now (I hope) through an EE roof antenna but this is dependant on RF propagation with the weather & how many other users are watching HD TV, playing games & sending chat/pics on their social media.

So I dread someone sending me a large attachment because it can block all other emails until it has eventually downloaded.

There is no gas & no main drainage but it is a beautiful view across the valley where I can only see one house, the farm the other side of the valley. But that is the price I am happy to pay for peace & quiet  : )

I've been with Vodafone phone for a number of years. Was with Three and inside the 4 bars indoor signal area. Then everyone got tablets and smart phones, and I was outside and struggling. Changed to Vodafone mobile broadband and it was good for a couple of years, and then they built 500 houses and it plummeted. They've struggled to find the poor signal issue twice in the past 5 years. The last one being upload speed of 0.01 mbps, but 80, 160 and 240 metres down the road was a strong signal of 30 mbps upload.
Vodafone kept trying to give me free to install Vodafone Home Broadband, which comes down a phone line. Perhaps that's worth investigating after putting up with a few months of bad signal 😂

3 hours ago, fv1609 said:

I do try to scan PDFs small enough to email, as I've been sending stolly files to Abbey Wood for declassification. But didn't want to lose the quality of this rare catalogue. I'll see if the editor can reduce the file down to 100x100, as I don't have the original here any more

10 hours ago, wally dugan said:

It's the 1966 catalogue with the left hand drive moke picture the preface pages in the early days were the same text and pictures the same ones appear in several  catalogues

Agree with Wally, it's the same as my 1966 copy.

On 6/21/2022 at 11:11 PM, fv1609 said:

Mark it is too big a file for me to download as I have no broadband. But are you sure it is from 1968? I am not aware that there was an exhibition in 1968, from the points you mention they seem to tie in with the 1966 exhibition.

Just uploaded a smaller version in to the original post, of 28Mb