All ready to go.

Markheliops

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im panaking as well as just discovered my mot has just run out today:nono::nono: and will be working tommorow so i will have thursday to get it done or i will be hiring a van to drive down in as have too much kit to put in the car this year

breakfast is still on all ingreadients sourced and will be picking them up on thursday morning:yay::yay:

You're panicking??? :shocked:

What do you think I'm doing right now??? Think I've gone beyond panic into near death/bedwetting experiences due to the aggro over getting my vehicle down there. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Care to swap sources of panic?? :) :cool2:

BAD news is the OT cannot take part in the event. For reasons I won't go into here the DVLA officials up that way have decided they want to have a look at the OT before registering it - and have said they cannot make it till next week. My views on this are unrepeatable on a public forum. :mad: :mad:

So we'll be coming down and hoping to bum a ride as a passenger with some one else please???

This also gives me a wee problem as the wife and daughter are booked in at the Bustard - but my plan was to kip in the back of the OT on the troop benches. Suppose now I'll have to try and curl up in the car. :-(

Another issue/question is - I'm expecting to have to pay for the whole weekends transport costs as it's too late for the hauliers to be expected to get another load; if this is so I can either get the OT taken direct to storage and lose out on the money or, if the innkeeper at the Bustard will allow it, get the value for money by having the OT taken there and left there all weekend for people to have a look at/in/over.

Any thoughts on this from the team? I don't want to give you any aggro with the MOD/MOD Plod etc. so if you think they'll get hissy about it I'll have it taken direct to storage and have to stand the financial loss.

neil sorry to hear bad news. i have a stretcher that you can use in the 9x9 for the weekend as for tommorrow night has roy got a room for the one night or come down on friday

as for going round there will be spaces in quite a few vehicles

Thanks Dave - what day I come down depends on where the OT goes.... If it comes down and sits outside the Bustard I'll be down tomorrow. If it has to go to storage then I'll be down on Friday evening (daughter still at school).

I am really, really up tight about all this right now.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

neil i think the best bet is to send it direct to storage or to the bunker if they will let you as that is private land. the bursted's car park is still next to the ranges and we do not want to lose the chance of you bringing it next year

also you would only need one car then

Edited by David Ives

I think Lee said the earliest vehicles could be taken on site at the Bunker was the 14th.

Dropping the OT at the Bustard was the wifes idea - mainly because she, like me hates the thought of having to pay the whole of the transport bill for, effectively, nothing.

However, if you reckon that it will cause problems with the MOD/MOD Plod due to proximity of the ranges then I will get it taken to storage and have to stand the financial loss.

In which case I'll be down Friday evening. If you've got some space in a 9x9 I'd be very gratefull - got a camp bed and bag I can sling in back of the vehicle.

The DVLA wanted to inspect my Pig when it was registered by me! before issuing a V5.

But then! a few weeks later a V5 arrived and nothing more was said!?!

I would bring the OT! if its just stationary in a carpark with the Pubs permission then its on private land. I think the MOD are more concerned with it on their MOD land etc

If you have paid the trip! bring it!

As I say your welcome in my tent or Daves... choice is yours! depends who snores more! lol

Packing the land rover tommorow ready to leave at 5am friday morning.

Making the cakes tommorow as well, carrot cake, coconut cake and a victoria sponge cake, will serve them at lunchtime saturday when we stop at the training village, feel free to come and help yourself. See you all there.

neil i think the best bet is to send it direct to storage or to the bunker if they will let you as that is private land. the bursted's car park is still next to the ranges and we do not want to lose the chance of you bringing it next year

also you would only need one car then

Neil to have the OT-90 in the car park it needs to be T&T mate. Best have it sent strait to storage. Next year you can bring it, the ranges will still be here. We are well pleased with the turn out for this weekend and we are going to make a gooooooood one.

Thanks folks!! Still bringing the cam-corder with me to record everything for posterity, Jack & Joris!! And we should be arriving sometime around 8 or 9 pm depending on traffic. Got to drop the wife and daughter at the Bustard. I assume every one will be up there then for drinkies?????

As you might have noticed on the Blogs thread I've had a bit of good news for a change - the hauliers have had issues too with their tractor so we've mutually agreed to reschedule the collection and delivery to some time next week. Means I'm not going to be a grand out of pocket. :) And that there's no way the OT will be anywere near either the Plains or the Bustard. :)

What has amazed me in all this is that the wife is also really upset I won't have the OT there - given how much she dislikes green machines generally and the army in particular. Just goes to show I guess!!

(Did someone say they've used Sidcup to register a 432??)

Edited by ArtistsRifles

just a note as will now be off computer for weekend

contact no 07780613037 if anyone gets lost we will send runner for you

head following directions and meeting point will be marked up

see you tommorow

dave