All ready to go.

Markheliops

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking foward to this. All your hard work and effort is appriciated mate. I'm looking foward to seeing the fox, I love 'em. Can I sit in it please.

You can have a drive if you want... then we can all watch you try & get out :-D

if the same 432's as last year then there will be one recovery/engineer vehicle there

trophy's now ordered one for team and one for best/imaginative player of the night :yay: :oops2:

directions :computerterror:

easiest head for Stonehenge's car park which is brown signed from all routes :-)

then head NW first turning right across cross roads then bursted inn :beer: on left venue on right at junction :lipsrsealed:

tac signs will be out from stonehenge on Friday morning and HQ :police: with tea/coffee will be there :coffee:

Getting in Getting out same thing easy peazy Just have a couple of industrial sized cans of WD-40 works like a charm !

Not as easy as it looks in the Fox...you need very bendy legs to get them under the steering wheel

Fox CVR(W) Crews were specially selected... :-D

width=640 height=480http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/a4678389.jpg[/img]

Directions for camp site.

West bound M3 come of at junction 8 onto A303, Strait on for about 25 MLS till you approach Countess round-a-bout, take the third exit onto the A345 Devizes, follow road for aprox 1m till you hit next round-a-bout, take first exit of and follow road through Larkhill Garrison, drive strait on till you find Fargo camp on your left, about 1 & 1/2 mls on you will see Rollestone to your right, you will need to turn here, follow road for about 100 yards till you see a massive parking area, this will be the place to park up. The idear is to have everyone meet up on this parkand take the track to the camp site. This way we wont need to have to drive down past the Bustard and clog the roads up.

Directions for camp site.

South bound M5 Gloster Junction 11A, take 417 to Swindon, cross M4 A346 to Burbage, take A338 signed Salisbury follow road to Tidworth, drive through Tidworth for 5 MLS passing Shipton Bellinger on your right, drive under the A303 and you come to a rounder-a-bout, take 3RD exit of and get onto the A303 then follow directions above.

Vehicles coming in from Dorset will need to get onto the Salisbury road and then to Stone henge.

Tac signs will be put out for all traffic, if anyone gets lost or are not sure then a mobile number will be at hand. We will have a vehicle that will come and find you. If you have an easyer way of getting to the camp site them please share it with us. all the best and hope you all get here I will post a post code for the bustard a bit nearer the time for SAT-NAVs.

Tony

Just looking around the 434 for next year,need to have the pack out to change starter :banghead:,sounds like we,re going to be busy extracting 'drivers' from foxes :rofl:do we need any special equipment? :beer:

We seem to have a fair amount of the plain on board from the last outing,do you think they want it back :naughty:

Looking forward to it immensley,are you up on your map reading Tony? :dunno:

Dave P

Now now Dave its not my fault somebody put the map up the wrong way :whistle: The problem was we were planning to drive the impact zone the other way round but them pesky ramblers put the brakes on that. The month running up to the drive we spent every weekend driving the route. We new every pot hole, turn and divot from Westdown to Redhorn, thats my excuse and i,m sticking to it. You can keep the dust as a little memento of the trip we have plenty more were that came from.

Neil that would be great to bring them in that way. I will be posting a man on the Bustard junction and the parking area is just 100 yards from there on the right.

Apart from Neil and Lee, how many lowloaders are coming? If Bob has every thing sorted there should be a Scamell commander with Chieftain on board, If it's only going to be a few we can park them at the rear of the camp site. If a whole load turn up we may need to park them at Rollestone camp.

I will also be posting a menu and price list for the scram at the Bustard. By heck they do a corking Steak & Kidney pud :drool: :drool:

The way to get Rambo out of the Fox is to put a Adder under the seat. If that fails lots of butter and tyre levers :rofl:

Are we all still coming in full battle dress?

Tony

Tony

I'll be there with 1 low loader but I'll be sleeping in the cab :sleep:,no ruffy tuffy old army tents for me, you don't know who or what may be lurking about in the night :shake:.As for the battle dress I should just about manage my khaki boiler suit which seems to get smaller as I get older :whistle:

I hope Roy is bracing himself for the invasion :beer:

Cheers

Dave P

@ Merry Xmas everyone ;-) ;-) ;-)

We will put all low loaders at the rear of the camp site and park the tractor units on the car park. We are trying to keep the car park clear for some hopefully Military visitors. Because we still have five months to go we don't get the heads up on any Military movements yet so planning has to wait on that side of things. We are planning to get at least two local Regiments down for a few hours, which one's will depend on whats available at the time. I can not guarantee this will happen as a lot of REGs are tied down with over seas duties. I will give you more heads up on this matter as I get it.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all at HMVF.

Tony and the rest of the PM team ;-) ;-) ;-)