R/Enfield WD/CO Air Filter Box

gary0003

There was a square toolbox fitted in that space which carried on from the previous WD/C models, but it was cancelled after the first contract of CO's. It left a bit of an ugly hole to my mind. The C's and CO's were fitted with the bell mouth filter which was really only a flame trap, but it would stop moths and butterflies entering your engine. 

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/Amal-Carburettors/Air-Intake-Assembly-with-Gauze

Ron 

436.JPG

Edited by Ron

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2022 at 7:34 PM, gary0003 said:

Would my 1944 WD/Co have possibly been fitted with a metal Air Filter Box attached to the carb in place of the rectangular tool box? and would this be attached by a rubber tube please?

Thanks

Gary.

Hi Gary, did you ever get round to fitting an air box? I have the same bike and I want to stop the C**P getting into the carb and ultimately engine.

Would be interested to hear what you ended up doing?

Thanks

Alan

On 5/25/2022 at 7:34 PM, gary0003 said:

Would my 1944 WD/Co have possibly been fitted with a metal Air Filter Box attached to the carb in place of the rectangular tool box? and would this be attached by a rubber tube please?

Thanks

Gary.

36 minutes ago, Ron said:

Alan this is what was fitted to a CO as standard.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/Amal-Carburettors/Air-Intake-Assembly-with-Gauze

But I do have Lex's Vokes tank top filter here if you want the more expensive route. Ron 

RAF2 (2).jpg

459.JPG

Hi Gary, Thank you for the speedy reply.

I was thinking about this one https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/air-filter/19007

I know it is not right but I'm looking for something to stop the dust and smaller particles getting in!

I was at a military show this weekend in a very dusty field and was not comfortable riding the bike, so I'm looking for something that's a bit more practical and easy to remove when the bike is on display and not being ridden!

Thanks for your help.

Alan

Alan, I'm Ron not Gary. As discussed in a previous post, that is the type that I have on my WD/L and WD/G. I had to modify the spout for my WD/L as the carb didn't line up. 

Was that show the one in Dorking? I heard it was very dusty there. RON.

DSCF0869.jpg

DSCF2739.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ron said:

Alan, I'm Ron not Gary. As discussed in a previous post, that is the type that I have on my WD/L and WD/G. I had to modify the spout for my WD/L as the carb didn't line up. 

Was that show the one in Dorking? I heard it was very dusty there. RON.

DSCF0869.jpg

DSCF2739.jpg

Apologies, Ron.

Yes, the Caple show. Some braved it in the main arena after the tanks had churned up all the ground. I'm sure they regretted it after.