WANTED (To Buy or Borrow to Measure) - Cooker No.1 / Hydra Burner Cooking Stands or Trench Plates

Rangie

I thought I would ask one more time before I started experimenting/drawing something up etc.......

I have sizes of a Canadian Military single Stand (a collapsible version of the "Haybox" stand) which is quite different but a good starting point for a "Single" type of Stand.

I am looking to buy/trade-for/borrow to measure:

• 2 or 3 Hole Double, Triple, Pot / Dixie / Container Stands or Trivets.
  • "Hay Box" Single Stands (these originally fitted upside down inside the Insulators and were transported with the whole Insulator/Stand/6-Gall Container Assembly).
  • Trench plates (rectangular plate with oval hole) that bridge trenches or fit the square hole of the "Hay Box"/Single Stand. (I have a rough approximation of a "Trench Plate" made up to gauge the size of the oval hole etc so I'm not too far away).

"Double" Stand:  image.jpeg.bb4d9103bcd816b9d96e1cc2e8140b90.jpeg

"Triple" Stand:  1633117356_TripleTrivitSmall.jpg.3707ae99352033dc3bdba16951bb0390.jpg

"Hay Box" Single Stand:  1248313427_No.1HayboxStandsSmall.jpg.ddbd1489cf7843cb9a5f6163077dab47.jpg

"Trench Plates":  1247079749_No.1TrenchPlatesSmall.jpg.638a605b942da9e4adf4237d3278cf0d.jpg

I appreciate most of these have ended up in the scrap metal bins but thought I would ask again to see if there were any lurking in sheds unused/unwanted!

Any condition, happy to use them for patterns. Happy to organise collection. I have a good reliable man-with-van who can collect from almost anywhere in the UK.

Contact with information please.

Thanks, Alec.

France 1939:   836392172_No1BurnerinFrance1939.thumb.jpg.8a2b71d75f999d6f7bc31abc111ba2ae.jpg

Aboard LCT2030 on D-Day:  713617584_D-DayaboardLCT2030-02.jpg.6178528a7e97d75a976cc7c5c97e319b.jpg

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, DINGODOUG said:

I have a cookset and oven which I am disposing of . I am in Aberdeenshire. I have photos if interested. The cooker looks unused after an overhaul and came from depot stock. 

Do you have the stands and pots?

Hi Alec, our broadband is a nightmare when we have storms  so I will have to be quick. It is a No5 cookset I have and an oven so sorry if I have raised false hopes. I also have a LR ambulance dated 73/74. We are having a Scottish military vehicle rally at Alford transport museum on 22 Sep this year. Any chance you could come down? It is also an autojumble/militaria so you might do some buying or selling. Douglasmatheson@btinternet.com.

4 hours ago, DINGODOUG said:

Hi Alec, our broadband is a nightmare when we have storms  so I will have to be quick. It is a No5 cookset I have and an oven so sorry if I have raised false hopes. I also have a LR ambulance dated 73/74. We are having a Scottish military vehicle rally at Alford transport museum on 22 Sep this year. Any chance you could come down? It is also an autojumble/militaria so you might do some buying or selling. Douglasmatheson@btinternet.com.

I am in Fife need to sort dates out 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DINGODOUG said:

Alec, BT have just told me that my emails did not get delivered to you so I have now lost track of what is happening. It may be easier to email me on  douglasmatheson@btinternet.com. cheers Doug.

Oh they most certainly have been! The one from your Ipad anyway. Coincidentally I replied earlier.

Alec.