British WWII camo scrim scarf

Danny P

Hello,

I would like to buy an original British WWII camo scrim scarf but I really don't know the differences between British WWII versus post war/repro's. So I have added a picture and hope somebody can tell me if this particular one is original British WWII or post war/repro?

Many thanks,

Danny

713471419_BritishWWIIscrimscarf.thumb.jpg.692ef4d4b91e07f1ab468192662dc69b.jpg

Now I am really confused! I got some replies from well known WWII militaria dealers but they are contradictory.

Reply 1:

They usually have a line of cord going one way and 2 loosed type cords going the other way which this one does seem to have.The French military did copy them early post war but they tend to be of a much larger size. Saying that I know that dealers used to buy the French ones and cut them in half to make the standard British size so it really is not easy.

Reply 2:

They need to have 4 loosed type cords going one way as presented in attached pictures

1659723812_camoscarforfaceveil1.png.c17436463736cc32aed4e5a21e957389.png150721208_camoscarforfaceveil2.png.deb45b813c64c15173454b00c696f8f8.png

Reply 3:

The brown color needs to be light brown. Post war or repro's are darker brown

So this is not helping me very much indeed! I thought buying a British WWII camo scarf or face veil would be easy!

Who is right and is knowing for sure?

Thanks,

Danny