1/35th scale ICM Leyland Retriever

KevinT

Attached is a couple of photos of my attempt at the ICM 3 ton GS Leyland Retriever. The kit was quite strait forward with hardly any fit issues the only main issue was having to lower the floor of the body and the tailgate accordingly. The markings are made up from the spares box and represents a Retriever from 15th Scottish Division seen in an IWM film "Scenes in the Odon Battlefield Following Operation Epsom (pt 11), attached courtesy IWM. The two standing figures are L-R from Bronco and Gecko Models, the the Triumph and DR are from Bronco Models. Hopefully ICM will release a Gantry version at a later date but with a little bit more research on the subject first.

Thanks to member Pete Ashby  for the helpful photos he sent me, he is also restoring a Gantry version Retriever.

Cheers

Kevin

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1976 (2).JPG

IMG_1985 (2).JPG

IMG_1987 (2).JPG

IMG_1989 (2).JPG

IMG_1990 (2).JPG

IMG_1992 (2).JPG

Screenshot 2022-02-22 16.43.05.png

Edited by KevinT
Additional IWM image
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Pete Ashby said:

Nice job Kevin  shown off to good effect in the diorama 

regards

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Apart from having to correct the floor the kit was a pretty easy build that just needs weathering now at the moment I have left the kit with both options with and without tarp cover. If I go with the tarp I will tie downs.

Thanks again for the photos they were most helpful.

Cheers

Kevin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robin craig said:

Really great job and wonderful presentation. I am sure there can not be many of the 1 to 1 scale around. What kits did you use as the basis of the chassis and wheels?

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your kind words.

The kit is from ICM Models in the Ukraine. Other than lowering the cargo bed floor and adding a bit of stowage it was pretty much an out of the box build and apart from deciding whether to finish with or without the tarp it was needs weathering.

Next build is the Gecko Models 1/35th scale Daimler Armoured Car Mk I.

Cheers

Kevin

icm35600.jpg