Crusader diff pinion oil seal

Dear all,

the diff pinion oil seal on the middle axle of my Crusader EKA needs replacing.  I have tried the Manufacturer's Part Number (5091-257) and the NSN (5330-99-819-3008) from the ISPL through google and the suppliers I can find but no joy.  Does anyone have a drawing of the seal or know of a someone who sells them?  Does anyone also have the EMER or AESP for the job or know if any special tools are required and any relevant torque settings.  Thanks in advance

Toby

Edited by TJSB
NSN added

The pinion shaft on the leading drive axle is fully enclosed and does not have an oil seal, do you mean the input shaft oil seal? Any decent oil seal supplier should be able to provide a replacement if you provide the inner, outer and depth dimensions or take along the old seal.

Thanks,

I do mean the input shaft oil seal.  Taking the old one out is definitely plan B if I can't get a seal before stripping it.  Anything of the right size I have seen available looks an odd shape, hence why knowing will be useful.

Dear All,

It is actually a Maudsley axle made at Alcester.  We just hope that someone had already ID'd the seal so that we could have a new one ready.  The alternative is to strip it down, measure it up and then order the new seal. Fortunately they come very quickly from Simply Bearings.

John

1 hour ago, attleej said:

Dear All,

It is actually a Maudsley axle made at Alcester.  We just hope that someone had already ID'd the seal so that we could have a new one ready.  The alternative is to strip it down, measure it up and then order the new seal. Fortunately they come very quickly from Simply Bearings.

John

You are absolutely correct John, early 6x4 Crusaders used the Albion bogie as Maudslay were still developing the through drive axle which was used on later models.