Belated Hello.

bodgit0_0

Good afternoon all.

I've been around the site for a couple of years maybe more but it's only the last year  that I've got my hands on some ex military vehicles. 

When I originally joined the group I was looking for some volunteer work to keep my hands in with any ex mil vehicles around the west Midlands but nothing came of it which was probably good as civy work which totally took over my life!

Currently I'm 50% through a restoration of a 1983 Lightweight Land Rover which has burnt a lot of my project funding. I've renewed as much as I can to try and make it reliable once it's put on the road. 

Spec once finished should be. New chassis, bulkheads, rebuilt axles, 300tdi, original gearbox, overdrive, converted to rhd, converted to soft top.

I've also got an RB44 ex fire tender which dates back to 1984, it's been modified by previous owners and I intend to do the same by making it my tow/repair vehicle for the charity tractor runs I like to support.

This will have a Cummins 6BT, front and rear hydraulic winches and a hiab. The transit cab may be replaced if I find something suitable but it's not essential.

Last one is a later RB44 from 1992, I'm collecting this in January and will be reassembling it to get it road registered then decide what the long term plan is for it.

DSC_0867.JPG

DSC_1051.JPG

DSC_0743.JPG

DSC_0605.JPG

IMG-20211208-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20211208-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20211208-WA0007.jpg

• Like 2