Velocette MAC WD (MDD)

Ron

Yes I've got that handbook too. Inside the cover is the name and address of a guy in Bath which is dated 1950. I've collected these other books too.

Essentially the MAF is also an MAC but with the called for frame for WD use. They amended the carb from a 76 to a 276 and changed the gear linkage, and the head and tail lamps. Probably a few other economies also. Ron

DSCF4305 (2).JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welbike said:

Wish I were there! give my regards to the Indian rides guys and gals, they were very nice, last time I was there!

Lex

I think there's a bloke there with a van load of genuine 640 parts 😊

• Sad 1

Thanks Ron. 
After a few long days fettling and some help from some friends ,the back end of the bike is coming together rather nicely.
with some minor adjustments needed to the rack and rear mudguard I have decided to reconstruct all of the various components, new and old, before I strip everything back down for some serious prep and paint……I wanted to make sure everything sits correctly first.

Still plenty to do but some great steps forward.

D7DE8350-F9EA-4D34-A682-B3564FC28751.jpeg

17849612-2940-4DCE-8BFB-D774E9DF516A.jpeg

579A317C-3D5E-4A3A-8720-70A8266CB0AC.jpeg

268AE5D5-F75B-47AA-831D-71FA5077AB31.jpeg

AE28EFF4-9154-41B4-A0E0-9C11C2412AA6.jpeg

CD39050A-6DB7-493C-963D-22D54DEADDE5.jpeg

• Like 4

Yes Steve but the thing is, my bike was already restored. So to the most part, I've simply taken it apart, cleaned everything down with panel wipe and resprayed everything. The only things I've rubbed down are the tank and left side tool box.

Regarding the battery. Just to be different, these were fitted with an EXIDE battery. After discussions with Arnaud and lots of searching for pictures, Arnaud has managed to reproduce the logo and made a dummy box which includes the correct battery terminals. Annoyingly though, the bloody strap covers his lovely art work.

I have ordered two more which should be on their way to me soon. One each for you and the other Steve who is restoring the black bike I sold him. Ron 

Scan_20211208 (17).jpg

exide 2.JPG

DSCF1259.jpg

DSCF1280.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ron. Yes it’s the RAF blue one!

I got as close as I could with all the barriers ropes in place. From what I could see the engine number was definitely MDD prefix complete with acceptance stamp, I thought the frame number was MDD prefix too, now I look back at the photos I’m not so sure. It has a nice MAF tank and gearbox fitted…..

It’s nice to hear the other Steve is restoring his MAC (WD) will it be returned to its military livery?

F210742A-0F47-49AD-9E02-7180236D81BD.jpeg

DEF87978-1630-4673-B5EC-9DDE24802CC2.jpeg

A1F3EB53-A4A3-4FC9-9A09-3667C6FC9B1A.jpeg

Well not as bad as I thought then. Looks like an MAF frame with an MDD engine. So at least it's all military.  Ron

But now I look again, the number doesn't make sense. Looks like it's been modified to fit in the MDD range, but the prifix doesn't say MDD????

Edited by Ron

Yes Lex an MOV is a 250. But the last letter looks like an "F". As I look again I don't even think its an MAF frame. The MAF has a cast in bash plate, and I think the brake pedal pivot is in the wrong place.?? Ron

MAF 105.JPG

Edited by Ron