Saracen/Ferret Browning turret mounts and gun rings

OldIron

Hello Gents, I am on the hunt for a 1919 browning turret cradle/mount for my Alvis Saracen and rear gun ring. Does anyone know where I can find them? Preferably stateside, but will entertain offers across the pond. Below are some photos I have found of the units I am looking for. I also have what I believe to be a complete L37 GPMG mount for trade from a MK6 Saracen if desired. Also interested in blueprints of mounts and can possibly make a few copies for people if demand is high enough once I have my own or prints.....

-daimler_ferret_browning_mount_will_also_fit_saracen_armored_vehicle__others-1_20.jpg

download.jpg

242837884_4149455578499031_4656398129718480233_n.jpg

ring.jpg

Edited by OldIron

• OldIron changed the title to Saracen/Ferret Browning turret mounts and gun rings
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2021 at 4:05 AM, sirhc said:

There’s a browning mount on eBay U.K. at the moment. I don’t think the Bren ring was ever fitted to a Mk6, does yours have the hatch in the roof?

thanks for the heads up!   the hatch is not fitted, a big steel plate sits in its place... the ring mount is however welded to the hull...

• 3 months later...

Update! found and acquired both ring and 1919 mount with the help of some good people in this hobby that I never meet, that went above and beyond to help! What a great hobby, stewards of history, and all around great people!