Indian frame

friday

Hmmm! interesting! I don't think I can give precise measurements without taking at least one tank off. Can you not jig the frame or better still, mount the engine plates and crankcase, and set it at that exact 11 11/16" measurement. The top tubes should follow suit. Even better if you add the rear frame. Ron  

PS I'll look later this morning and see if I can get an accurate measurement from the switch plate to the seat post.

DSCF3064.jpg

Hi Ron

The front has red paint the rear green

A guy on another forum sent measurement = 21.5" centers , so all good , cheers

note the front seat mount is a diff shape from the one I have. mine is like the drawing

741 FRAME 21.5 INCHES.jpg

Edited by friday

Yes the very early frames were different. For instance, that seat post and the ammeter/switch plate is in a different location. Otherwise I guess the dimensions must be the same.

My own bike was all together in boxes with all original parts when I acquired it many years ago (matching frame and engine). It's the same type as yours and for an added comparison, the distance between the switch panel and center of the seat post is 10 1/4"  (click to expand)

Cheers Ron (Indian Riders Club)

DSCF4004 (2).JPG

QQP0qX9cAYKkBtZtbHn9c2rBzzkKkuBV81DShaxh.jpeg

Edited by Ron