Albion WD CX24S Tank Transporter

Looking through  information that l have it seems that the type of coupling for the trailer was a ball and socket ? . When the museum required details of the coupling for the SCAMMELL TRMU  to make a replica  drawings where obtained from the BRITISH COMMERICAL VEHICLE MUSEUM LEYLAND LANCS have you thought of contacting them

Hi wally

I knew the museum  had a Scammell Pioneer and trailer but didn't realise that they may have used the same coupling. I will e-mail them and see if they have any further info, because of the rarely of the CX24S i knew it was going to be a hard task and I'm very thankful for what you've already passed on. Skip

The Scammell coupling had a series of longitudinal springs to dampen out movement between the TRMU and trailer (or if you believe Scammell it was a kinetic recovery device to aid starting!)  I don't remember seeing anything as elaborate on the CX24S although I do seem to remember it used a Wild/Scammell type horizontal spindle winch.

Various reports suggest that the transporter was not a great success and mainly relegated to cargo duties.