Srv1 the cricket

Macd

14 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

I thought this was a research vehicle from somewhere like FVRDE, MVEE, etc. Recollect some discussion on this in the past.

remember looking over this when it was at (I think) chertsey-has a nice RR engine!

thanks radiomike, now i understand what the thread is about, and lol we are going in circles as the earlier discussion has now been added to by this current thread's author...

https://hmvf.co.uk/topic/10825-anyone-happen-to-own-srv-1-the-cricket/?tab=comments#comment-435041

great shame that "Minkey" apparently never did post up the info he said it would take a few days for him to collate. Seems like tracking down Graham "Minkey" would be worthwhile before the info vanishes.

Edited by john fox

• 7 months later...

I’ve just come across a short video of the Bedford TM, made by the BBC for Blue Peter. Interesting in itself, but at 6 min 43 secs there is a clip of the cricket doing it’s thing. I am unable to upload it, but if anyone with the nous wishes to, just search for ‘Cross country champion - Bedford TM 4x4 military truck.

1 hour ago, Ex-boy said:

It’s amazing what is out there, but sometimes it’s pure luck to find it. Thanks for posting.

You’re welcome. Glad I could help. At least now it’s on here, so whatever information there is on this vehicle is in one place, and people can add to it if there is anything else out there.