Tail lamp

Hi Peter, 

I found this image on Google. If it’ s the type without the number plate illumination, then I have a spare rubber part you can have (it needs the internals and lense though). I fitted one to my early Canadian Carrier, with the number plate cut out, and got it from a guy in Canada who had a few (from MLU forum). I’ll email you his address if you want it.

LWD parts also has them for sale (see picture).

I also have a spare Rubbolite No5, but I think this might be for trucks and it has a number plate window.

P.S. I’ve just remembered I still owe you something for the steering rod covers you sent me.

Regards,

Tom

A65D80F7-F7A6-4DB1-B4A5-49C7A751F1E6.png

60EA9C44-23C9-4C38-8483-DD81D05FBD83.png

On 9/3/2021 at 10:27 AM, Tom M said:

Hi Peter, 

I found this image on Google. If it’ s the type without the number plate illumination, then I have a spare rubber part you can have (it needs the internals and lense though). I fitted one to my early Canadian Carrier, with the number plate cut out, and got it from a guy in Canada who had a few (from MLU forum). I’ll email you his address if you want it.

LWD parts also has them for sale (see picture).

I also have a spare Rubbolite No5, but I think this might be for trucks and it has a number plate window.

P.S. I’ve just remembered I still owe you something for the steering rod covers you sent me.

Regards,

Tom

A65D80F7-F7A6-4DB1-B4A5-49C7A751F1E6.png

60EA9C44-23C9-4C38-8483-DD81D05FBD83.png

Hi Tom.

Now I know what I'm looking for I will try the next auto jumble. Thanks for the offer I may get back to you if I have no luck.

I've see that picture before, the number plate bolts across below the light which also lights the number plate. The number plates were often removed, there is also a bar missing lower down

Peter.

9 hours ago, ruxy said:

Are they parts of a Convoy Lamp No.2   ?    - that was used for much more besides.

I'm now shore it's a Rubbolite N,o,3  I need. But that's an interesting point. Period pictures show a white section on the rear axle but I can't find any parts listed for a convoy light or switch in the parts list? Another question to sort out.

Peter.