Bedford mwd ignition questions

Neilmwd

Hello, having recently purchased a 1941 mwd bedford i have been playing about and have decided to service the Ignition system and have a few questions.

What spark plugs do these use as the manual says ac K9V ( is there a modern equivalent?)   And the second question is there a electronic ignition kit out there to suit the distributor?  Any help would be great thanks again guys 👍🏻🙂

Champion J8C plugs are good in Bedford engines. As for electronic ignition you will need to know the exact type of Lucas distributor that you have, numbers and ID are stamped on the metal body below where the cap fits. I say this because I have come across a few different type fitted in the past. I have used electronic kits on several military vehicles and customers have said how much it improved the starting and running, I think they were Powerspark (without checking, may not have the name quite right).

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new acquisition....I had one and reluctantly sold it because of a house move....any pictures please? My thoughts on electronic ignition are that it can improve things ...but...so would correctly refurbishing the original correct specification equipment ....your vehicle though so your choice.Good luck with it and enjoy!!

Edited by andy1960
spelling
  • Like 1