WIRING DIAGRAM SCAMMELL EKA, ESPECIALLY BOGIE BLOCKING SYSTEM

Dear All,

Does anyone have info on the wiring system for the bogie blocking system on the Scammell EKA recovery vehicle.  It would be particularly helpful to know the functions of each of the five wires coming from the five way mill connector between the body and the hydraulic box.  Contacts are identified A, B, C, D & E.  I understand how the system works (more or less).

John

Hi John,

I am afraid I do not have a wiring diagram for the EKA, but can offer a bit of info. I did a lot of the repair work on the Scammell EKA  66GT67, during its service with 44 Dist Wksp and recall having to renew the pump unit for bogie blocking. The new one supplied under a NSN was of a different make to the original and a few small mods were made in order to fit it. the new one was a Hesselman pump made in Sweden by Garphyttan and designed to operate a truck tail-lift. I have a small booklet that came with it on service and maintenance, but unfortunately there is no mention of the wiring connections.

regards, Richard