Alvis Saracen APC

Col Hessler

Hello everyone,

Newbie, so please excuse my ignorance.

We have recently purchased an Alvis Saracen APC with no documentation to refurb and unfortunately the I.D plate is missing. The vehicle has been up-armoured which has                        covered up various places to look for I.D info. The document capsule in the engine bay only contained info regarding an engine modification from 1984 which did not include                        the vehicles I.D. We did find the chassis number on both removable side hatches, the hatches were labelled 99 OS , 99 NS, (we presume offside and nearside) We know the hatches are removable and inter-changeable so they could be from another vehicle, but as they both match there is a good chance they are original. We contacted Bovington Tank Museum for help      who asked us if anyone knew if the Saracen registration numbers were always issued consecutively, I presume he must know what 98 and 100 are and there must be just one number difference which could be our chassis 99.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Wayne.