Verdict expected next month on the seized German Panther.

PanzerJohn

Just read it on the news, seems there are an awful lot of people interested in buying parts og his collection. It says they are considering a reduced 50k euro fine on him, he would make so much more than that selling things off. 

I wonder how much the Panther is worth??

I count this problem for the Germans as so typical of what my old mum used to call 'wooly headed' thinking! Its in the same category of stripping owners of aircraft instruments because of the radioactive paint. My dad wore his RAF watch complete with radio active paint for decades with no harm done whatsoever.

This old guy in Germany was unlikely to use it to run over pedestrians like some jihadi. It is refreshing that we are still permitted to own armoured vehicles in this country and not have to cut a square of armour out next to the driver.  Long may that remain!

On 7/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, LarryH57 said:

It is refreshing that we are still permitted to own armoured vehicles in this country and not have to cut a square of armour out next to the driver.  Long may that remain!

At the moment, but I wonder how long that will continue?

Andy