C13 ATU

C13 ATU for sale. It is a nos item which has been in storage for many years and I understand they are rare now. It is complete with all the wires inside the base as far as I know. Any interest and I can get some photos. I am thinking of a price around 185 pounds ? I am trying to scale this from the cost of the complete C13 currently being advertised at 995 pounds.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, DINGODOUG said:

I am trying to scale this from the cost of the complete C13 currently being advertised at 995 pounds.

Tomas Jones had had that up for sale for over two years and no takers, in my oppinion it is vastly overpriced, I would say that £500-600 is closer to the mark for a complete fully working installation

Cheers

Richard

Hi

C13 ATU's are less common than others, many were destroyed before they reached the surplus market as the lettering on the main indicator markings behind the glass has been thickly painted with radium paint, and is considerably "hotter" than many other ATU's etc of the same period. Don't even think about opening it up. If you do send it to someone, make sure that the front of the ATU is very well protected and use plenty of bubble wrap for the main body.

Cheers

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, DINGODOUG said:

I had no idea they were so radioactive !

Hi

At least you know now... Just don't sleep next to it

They are very effective ATU's. The one I have for my C13 is in my back room and I haven't grown two heads yet [my wife may think otherwise at times :) ]

Cheers

Richard

Cheers