Paint Color for Sultan

Terra1936

Question

6 answers to this question

I dont know the exact color that it is so im kinda in the same boat as you, but i do know that Rust-Oleum has a camoflage paint line and one of the Flat Non-Reflective Greens is close to the green that is on my Sultan and ive been using it to touch up and for just an off the shelf thing it matches pretty close. Like you though im still waiting to figure out the exact color code so i can give my Sultan a real paintover

The  paint from abt. 1979/80  was  NATO Green IRR (infra red reflective)  BS285 , it came in spraying & brushing

The earlier paint from at least late 1960's was  :-

H1/8010-99-224-5482 PAINT WAR EQUIPMENT MATT-SPRAYING OLIVE DRAB, BSC 298    I have a can - by the Walpamur Co.  -  I assume it came in brushing also.

• Up 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:38 PM, ruxy said:

The  paint from abt. 1979/80  was  NATO Green IRR (infra red reflective)  BS285 , it came in spraying & brushing

The earlier paint from at least late 1960's was  :-

H1/8010-99-224-5482 PAINT WAR EQUIPMENT MATT-SPRAYING OLIVE DRAB, BSC 298    I have a can - by the Walpamur Co.  -  I assume it came in brushing also.

I think it was nearer 81 for us. Much ado getting a good, clean finish and sanding smooth the flaked old paint.

I got the feeling the IRR green was darker than the old stuff.