Interesting?

Rootes75

Makes me think there’s more to than meets the eye. Theses scammers aren’t stupid and I doubt they would accidentally put up the wrong photos. Perhaps they do this and have another of their accounts buy the item, leave pos feedback, cancel the item (so no fees are paid) in order to accumulate a good feedback score. Then list a copy of a genuine sale of a vehicle from say a few months earlier and wham, scam a new buyer. 

Not saying that’s exactly what they are doing but I don’t think they’re that stupid. I think There’s more to it than meets the eye.

A bit of digging shows that Cox Properties Ltd company 04554663 as claimed on the ebay listing was dissolved on 14/10/14. It could be that he has not updated his information on ebay but it is out of order to claim he is a legit company when clearly that is not the case. The given phone number comes up as unobtainable.  

Edited by radiomike7

Hardly - out of order,  a Ebay  'User name' is no different to on this Forum  , I could change mine to  RuxyLtd.   Putting  Ltd on the end is by implication of Limited status but it seems a grey area in law , expensive law requiring proof - evidence that can be accepted by a court of law.   However to go further than that on Ebay ,  such as a Shop or seller claiming Limited status but such as 'wound-up'  ,  dissolved ,  liquidated  (other than dormant status)  - then ISTR that is a criminal act.

2 minutes ago, ruxy said:

Hardly - out of order,  a Ebay  'User name' is no different to on this Forum  , I could change mine to  RuxyLtd.   Putting  Ltd on the end is by implication of Limited status but it seems a grey area in law , expensive law requiring proof - evidence that can be accepted by a court of law.   However to go further than that on Ebay ,  such as a Shop or seller claiming Limited status but such as 'wound-up'  ,  dissolved ,  liquidated  (other than dormant status)  - then ISTR that is a criminal act.

Where did I mention 'user name', I was referring to his business contact details at the bottom left of the listing?

29 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

Where did I mention 'user name', I was referring to his business contact details at the bottom left of the listing?

So  -  report that situation to Companies House ,  they will send the polis around.    Long past the stage of  'trading whilst insolvent' ,  if ever he was going to recover and debts he was due - should have done so years ago.

7 hours ago, Chris Hall said:

Makes me think there’s more to than meets the eye. Theses scammers aren’t stupid and I doubt they would accidentally put up the wrong photos. Perhaps they do this and have another of their accounts buy the item, leave pos feedback, cancel the item (so no fees are paid) in order to accumulate a good feedback score. Then list a copy of a genuine sale of a vehicle from say a few months earlier and wham, scam a new buyer. 

Not saying that’s exactly what they are doing but I don’t think they’re that stupid. I think There’s more to it than meets the eye.

I think I should clarify something….

I made a bit of a mistake… I had 2 pages of HMVF open on my phone and the above reply was in response to this thread

I never meant to insinuate the detail of this thread was a scam. So apologies for leading this thread astray. 

I won’t delete my “post in error” so that anyone who has already read it, Will understand my mistake.