Clearing late fathers old gear - not sure what this is...

sm27650

Question

Hi All, I'm still clearing the last of my late fathers (G8MKT) amateur radio kit and have come across this and not sure what it is. 

He had a lot of Clansman/Larkspur kit which I've sold on, I think this could be semi-related, but would appreciate any thoughts/directions people could give.

Thanks, 

Steve

eh0JZvB.jpeg

blFQkNn.jpeg

g6EGmgs.jpeg

5 answers to this question

The give-away is the Vocab Ref Section 10S - Radio transmitter test equipment so this is RAF 10S/16775 & painted black rather than green.

The other clue is the frequency 145 Mc/s so probably amplitude modulation & Test B - Transmitter modulation depth

Of some age as Mc/s rather than MHz & no NATO codification.

P1180379.jpg.f343829e334f14959ba5f31f1a4d967f.jpgP1180376.jpg.97703d804a297a3611b6ade43943b898.jpg

From a technical point of view it's way out of date but it's always going to be of value to someone!  Even if only for parting out for components (valves always useful) although that would be a shame. 
Putting it on eBay at a low start price always better than chucking it into a skip and you might get a surprise at what it fetches and it willl end up with someone who values it.

They did get re-codified with a Nato stock number - 6625-99-469-9206, titled Tester, Performance.