Challenger 2 now a HMV?

Caddy

The most important aspect is as reported here, the BV. To make a proper brew one requires boiling water and indeed to boil sausages known as 'bratties' one requires boiling water again. I am told if you left most of the water out you could cook other foodstuffs in it too....would that be range stew? But an RHQ RTR approved forum reports that the latest BVs and the ones going into C3s do not boil! The Elf n Safety zealots seem to have struck and deemed boiling water a hazard to our brave, tough troops who are so 'deserving-of-the-best equipment and essentials'. An adjustment has been performed in manufacturing to prevent the water reaching boiling temperature. If REME still have the ECE or Control Equipment Technician trades, perhaps they'll override the thermostat or whatever mechanism that must be 'fixed' to enable a perfect brew and/or sausage to be delivered, fit for purpose.

Boiled sausage? Sure we’re not getting Leopards?

with regards to whether the BV boils why produce a new one that only fits CR3? Surely you’d utilise current BV’s so that you’ve just got 1 type to worry about.

Also H&S wise, wonder how many accidents there have been from BV’s?

Clearly Mr Caddy you nothing of what goes on in a tank turret or what has gone into BVs for the last 70 years or so. 😉 I have eggs-cell-ent sauces that inform me.....you'd be suprised at what has been thrown into BVs and then down the gullets of appreciative hungry tankmen on the move. The sausage, German variety, was a favoured delicacy and still is apparently as despite the few bits of armour remaining and being based in the UK, so too are the German sausages and special sauces (look up the source of the curry wurst sausage dish sauce...very interesting).😅

1 hour ago, Caddy said:

P.S. love the ‘Mr’ BTW, makes me feel important

You are important. Your address is as per regulations, 2nd Lieutenants are 'Mr' (not quite 'real' officers yet) and in the field are taken under the wings of experienced other ranks to learn the basics of being an officer.....of course they are not entrusted with being in command of anything, least of all in the making a brew or cooking anything in a BV or other stove for those nominally under their command. They 'watch and learn' , they do as they are told but do get to scrub the cooking vessels and soldiers plates. Should they moan about their lowly and seemingly demeaning tasks, they don't get fed. Learning is rapid. They inevitable grow into being super 'proper' officers. I need to incorporate this into my Libya tread and the woes of the subaltern in the desert. 😊

PS. Grilled bangers are best but like fried ones are impossible to do in an armoured vehicle. You must wait until you stop for long enough to get out the even more 'dangerous' petrol or camping gaz stove! Hence the 'banger on the go' is done in a full-temperatured BV..... if you have one.