Kevin

Scarsy

IMG-20210421-WA0019.thumb.jpg.2d786196631e3d99060b8ce4cd7ac8d5.jpgGood morning, I have just bought a 3HW and have been reading all your discussions with interest.

Could you please advise of frame TL48754 and engine 3HW58754.  Is there any history before starting a sympathetic restoration. 

Many thanks Kevin

Hi Kevin. Unfortunately It's nearly always impossible to know the actual working  history of our bikes.

Yours is the 2337th bike from 4000 under contract C5354 in 1944, with tank census number C5569254. (Same contract as mine) By then the steering damper and knee grips were deleted. A lot of these seemed to have ended up in India. Lucky for you it still has its factory fitted engine (matching number +10,000)

Regards Ron

PS. Since the first picture, I've changed the canvas saddles and dull chrome push rod tubes.

3HW 235.jpg

DSCF3516.jpg

Edited by Ron

Hi .Thank you for sharing your bike with us. It looks very original and will be a great restoration project . 

You may wish to add it the the Triumph WD  register at wdtriumph.com

Please  could you share some more photos of the bike and we may be able to highlight a few area for you 

Such as the field stand ..I am curious I  note the bikes fuel Line has a very large filter are you getting a lot of dirt in the fuel from the tank ?

Regards

Jenkinov

R

• 1 year later...

Afternoon all 

Hi ron hope you are keeping well since my last post on here I've been working on a few bikes in my collection. 

I have started the restoration on the 3hw total strip down shotblast and paint and all is going well until engine check head is having work new valves and guides .bore was out of tolerance on plus 30 piston so obtained one from Australia a plus 40 new old stock .....but it turns out I need a plus 60 piston or a different barrel can anyone advise on were to look or what to do 

Thank you in advance Kevin. 

5 hours ago, Scarsy said:

Afternoon all 

Hi ron hope you are keeping well since my last post on here I've been working on a few bikes in my collection. 

I have started the restoration on the 3hw total strip down shotblast and paint and all is going well until engine check head is having work new valves and guides .bore was out of tolerance on plus 30 piston so obtained one from Australia a plus 40 new old stock .....but it turns out I need a plus 60 piston or a different barrel can anyone advise on were to look or what to do 

Thank you in advance Kevin. 

Kevin,

I have a surplus barrel and head if you want. Shipping maybe a problem though.

Kostas 

IMG_20220625_165352.jpg