WW2 Era Trailer Lighting

Hi all,

Have recently acquired the skeleton of a WW2 era trailer which is looking to be a 10CWT Mk2. Intend on restoring it for hauling kit to events. Obviously it now needs to conform to current specs for rear lighting and marking, anyone have any tips for making it more in keeping with it's original specs?

Cheers

Josh

Hi Josh. I'm in the process of restoring a 10CWT mortar trailer. From what I can find, these trailers were not generally fitted with lights in the factory, most were retrofitted or fitted post war

I do intend to fit lights to my trailer, but these will be period so a single convoy light and single tail light so I am putting a light board together, using retro light fittings but modern bulbs, that I can remove and put in the trailer once at shows, at least that way, I should be road legal and safe on the way to and from shows

Yeah I think that's the route I'm going to be taking, didn't want to just slap a modern lightboard on the back after doing a ground up restoration on it. I've been toying with the idea of possibly trying to fit a folding light system for it so that it's hidden and out the way but easily locked back in place if needed. 

Light Boards are just hung in the back and removed when you arrive.   During daylight running the war-time set up will surfice with a magnetic number plate.   You can buy magnetic rear light clusters as well.  If you are driving on the something like the M25 with a slow moving vehicle you may wish to take other precautions even during the day.