Ex Singapore Army 110 1988

Jon Cull

I have a customers 110 in for repair which I'm told came back to the UK a couple of years back. It is fitted with the 2.5 N/A Diesel and has a single very large 24v alternator. It came to me as a non runner, the electrics have had a few poorly done repairs, but for the large part looks original. It arrived on a recovery truck as a non - runner, a quick inspection revealed a burnt out 12v stop solenoid on the pump, This was no problem to replace with a 24v unit, I then found all the glow plugs to be burnt out as they were 12v as well. There is no ballast resistor fitted so the glow plugs need to handle 24v .I can't find a listing anywhere for 24v glows with an M12x1.25 thread, Putting the Vin into the Landrover EPC only shows it as a 110,there is no detail of equipment specs. I'm thinking a ballast resistor and the standard 12v plugs may be the only way to fix it. Is anyone familiar with what may have been fitted back in 1988 ?

http://www.roverworld.com/Downloads/Military-110-Supp-Parts-Cat.pdf

Have a look at the Matrix ,  if not original  British MOD vehicle then you will not be able to read the specification of additional  "bolt-on(s) "  to the basic specification.

I would say all is 12 volt other then the 24 volt genny , Radio harness etc.

It will be  a  12 volt / 24 volt  FFR  , not a 24 volt FFR

Thank you for that, who knows what spec it was built to ? There is only a single 90A 24v alternator, where the 12v unit,(As shown in the download on P138) would normally sit there is a brake vac pump. Below that is the PAS pump, none of it looks cobbled up, there is also an engine hour meter at the back of the rh side of the engine.

As it is I can't see any option but to feed the switched side of the glow relay from the positive side of the first battery. I can then use the standard type Champion CH63 glows or equivalent.