Jump to content

W&P 2021


G506
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just heard, the 2021 event has been cancelled. Absolutely gutted.😪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know we are going to be gutted but better for us to know now rather than be strung along on the off chance it may be able to go ahead????

I imagine that John must be banging his head against a wall especially as all this is out of his control, who would want to try and organise a show nowadays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2021 at 7:49 PM, Richard Farrant said:

As the proposed vehicle entry fee was going to be £75 for last year, goodness knows how much it will be for next year.

One way to lose support,  slowly go Bust as a Show i would submit?.......☹️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just received this email 🤔

 

Unfortunately  no refunds can be issued only deferments, as all monies we have paid out have also been deferred so within the events industry we are all in stale mate !!!!I Your booking still stands for 2022 so please bear with us and we will keep you posted as and when Boris gives us some good news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2021 at 12:38 PM, 67burwood said:

Just received this email 🤔

 

Unfortunately  no refunds can be issued only deferments, as all monies we have paid out have also been deferred so within the events industry we are all in stale mate !!!!I Your booking still stands for 2022 so please bear with us and we will keep you posted as and when Boris gives us some good news.

At least you had a reply! I sent them three Emails requesting a Refund & to date. Have not even recieved the courtesy of a reply!......Says a lot really, dosent it?................☹️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The whole episode is getting ridiculous now. I'm wondering how much we are going to have to strump up next year. I've paid for a mate and myself £50, but if for some reason you can not be able to go how do you stand for getting the money back. Can't wait to get back down there again and meet up with all our Belgian friends. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, .303fan said:

Did anyone get a refund in the end? It is your consumer right if I am correct.  

I tried to get a refund for next years show as I didn’t want to defer anymore, I informed them that I couldn’t make the dates for next year and that I was within my consumer rights to ask for a refund, they refused point blank and stated that next years dates were only proposed dates therefore they didn’t have to give a refund.

 

Hi Seamus

New dates for 2022 are provisional and are subject to change under our T&C’s , so as I have said in my numerous responses to you ,no refunds will be issued only deferments as we are in the same position as you and have been deferred by the Hop Farm ,Contractors etc. There is no more I can tell you at this moment .

 

Kind Regards 

Jane Morgan
Accounts Department

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2021 at 6:07 PM, 67burwood said:

I tried to get a refund for next years show as I didn’t want to defer anymore, I informed them that I couldn’t make the dates for next year and that I was within my consumer rights to ask for a refund, they refused point blank and stated that next years dates were only proposed dates therefore they didn’t have to give a refund.

 

Hi Seamus

New dates for 2022 are provisional and are subject to change under our T&C’s , so as I have said in my numerous responses to you ,no refunds will be issued only deferments as we are in the same position as you and have been deferred by the Hop Farm ,Contractors etc. There is no more I can tell you at this moment .

 

Kind Regards 

Jane Morgan
Accounts Department

That's very very outrageous - is this actually legal, to refuse a customer a refund?

I would be very surprised to see the show return. It's hay day has been and gone and so much bad feeling between the owners and those who attend.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jack said:

That's very very outrageous - is this actually legal, to refuse a customer a refund?

I would be very surprised to see the show return. It's hay day has been and gone and so much bad feeling between the owners and those who attend.

I can honestly see a lot of people losing money and the company going bankrupt before the next show, I was happy to defer 2020 to 21 but not 2021-22, at this moment in time I have absolutely no interest in returning to W&P and many other people have said the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2021 at 6:07 PM, 67burwood said:

 

 

Hi Seamus

New dates for 2022 are provisional and are subject to change under our T&C’s , so as I have said in my numerous responses to you ,no refunds will be issued only deferments as we are in the same position as you and have been deferred by the Hop Farm ,Contractors etc. There is no more I can tell you at this moment .

 

Kind Regards 

Jane Morgan
Accounts Department

I find this absolutely pathetic and a condescending response.  What the T&Cs of Hop Farm (their service provider) is totally irrelevant to you as a customer of the W&PR Show.  That response to me sounds like the policy is a holding strategy to keep hold of other people's money.

They do not help themselves at all - they have lost a lot of goodwill over the years and if this is how little they feel about their customers, the show ever does return it will be size of the original rally as no one will attend. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...