1 amp fuse for comm?

Terra1936

Question

18 answers to this question

Dear All,

I am experiencing trouble with this fuse as well!

The fuse required is 1 amp, it is 0.189 " dia X 0.626 lg or 4.83 dia X 16.10 mm.

None of the fuses from RS are anything like the right dia and length.

We might have to ID a more modern fuse holder.

Any ideas?

John

On 2/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Terra1936 said:

G&C 1 amp 059-0138 does not come up anywhere?

Although it is obviously significant 059-0138 is termed the "non-significant number" which is part of the NSN

If you search for the complete NSN 5920-99-059-0138 you will get lots of results.

Dear All,

The REME Museum's Centurion ARV is already at Capel.  First job is to fit the intercom and IB3 box which I have tested at home.  Unfortunately, the commander's crew control box was merily blowing fuses until I worked out what was going wrong.

John

12 hours ago, gordonb said:

Reme245, if you are going to the Capel show on saturday you could bring me some!

Gordon

I will be at Capel & I have found a fuse of the correct dimensions.

But it is rated at 500ma & it is not ceramic but glass. Each end cap is soldered to secure the fuse wire. It should possible to de-solder each then thread a 1A fuse wire then resolder.

Beware. I have today looked at an IB3 which has had an overlong fuse fitted. This has broken the back off the fuse holder and the ensuing short circuit has burnt out quite a lot of the power wiring to and from the switch. The correct fuses are 16.5mm long not 20mm.

Gordon

The problem with the commercial ones is that they are 5 mm dia and too long.

What I have done is to saw a slit in the cap along the axis of the correct fuse and then solder in a thin strand of wire in place.

I hope to be at Capel by Lunchtime.

Clive I have not knowingly met you but would like to do so at Capel.

John

Gordon I tend to monitor 144.050 and 10 GHz. When you come in on the right down the field there is a Scamell display, I am opposite this in Wolf 110 with two masts, one with 2m 4-el the other has dish for 10GHz. These are functional radio masts not flagpoles, so no flags : )