CVRT Operating instructions

Will212

Good morning all, I am new to the forum having only recently discovered it! 

My place of work has just purchased a scimitar, awaiting delivery - we have a lot of tracked experience on other vehicles, but never a CVRT. I found a post on here that previous contained some documents with driving instructions, but it would appear the source files have gone MIA. Does anyone have any D&M documents that could help us out? Even if its just a brief description, eg electrical isolator is here, turn this knob to X, oil prime is here ect....

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Link where files were at some stage: thttps://hmvf.co.uk/files/file/6-spartan-cvrt-d-operating-manual-and-maintenance-instructions/

Kind regards, 

Danger

Iain! 

Its a nick name, stems from the TV series "Lost in space" - I share my name with one of the main characters, whos name is frequently accompanied by "Danger!"

As for our other vehicles, I can't really discuss in detail unfortunately, at our employers request. But we have a Foden RV, T-55, a V8 Snatch and mostly a lot of scrap metal! I have a guy that works with me who is ex forces with Challenger experience.. but unsurprisingly no challenger to match! I'm a machinist by trade, with a keen interest in engines and armor  :) 

Danger

Edited by Will212

20 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

Will Robinson I presume?

Indeed - the nick name has haunted me from the beginning of my engineering career! First day as an apprentice, I was handed a ropey old laptop with a lost in space background pre-loaded... its never left me, I'd liek to mention it has nothing to do with the way in which I work 🤣

Scimitar has two hull isolators one in drivers left side and the other in turret due to two battery banks however if not radio sets are present I’ll not presume the drivers masters witch is the important hull set. Hand brakes a ratchet type left side along side the tillers and a black knobe on the hull sponson this is your forward reverse blipping the throttle and pushing it back or forward can assist in smooother directional change, point to note forcing it in will work but not recommended as internal wear can occur in gear box tillers are pull type neutral turn is by one or other tiller pulled to you in neutral indicated similar to I think 432 left side drivers( 1-7forward Neutral 1-7reverse) service as manual indicates and pay serious attention to final drives NEVER run them dry get religious about halt parading them ie stop for brake check need a piss check, commanders being a cock brake check his face into canola sight get out laugh and check. 30 mph drive locks if your lucky you pirouette in mud or grind to a halt expensive bill, 60 mph on road and locks well let’s say bro’s in hull holding on bracing as in a crash turrets spin so travel locks on, side note you will have to turn turret to fill diesel tank left rear. I’m being dramatic these vehicles are fast for what they are maintained well great fun. Spotty maintenance gets expensive or a death trap potentially not for you but anyone outside on the roads.

Edited by Messier4715
  • Thanks 1

Danger,

Both Sirhc and Messier are both spot on, buy the manuals and do the maintenance religiously.

If you have other tracked vehicle experience you will likely get on to it fairly quickly.

Just a comment, if you look at anything in the way of spares now as being expensive, dont hesitate, in five years those same items will not be cheap and may not even be around. Plan for long terms spares provisioning.

Still have no clue where on the globe you are from. Welcome in

Edited by robin craig

Hi and welcome, 

i am sure if you’re not a million miles away from another owner they would be only to pleased to drop round or if that’s not possible to have you over for a play and instruction. I was very fortunate that the guy I brought my Spartan from also had a scorpion which he let me drive round an industrial estate while he hung on to the barrel.. since then I have had several ex drivers over to talk about, and give me tips on cvrt driving and maintenance, as well of course the members on here, some of which are very helpful and really know their stuff.

Lance