Clark CA-1 Airdozer restoration

welbike

On 7/27/2021 at 11:44 AM, Alex van de Wetering said:

Lovely work Lex. I like you dedication to find the correct and original parts, even if it takes a couple of years.

Thanks Alex, it took way too long, almost 15 years, but not too much work to be done now luckily!

Cheers, Lex 

Regarding the original batterybox cover, I tried to save the original paint, but nothing worked really well, so decided to blast and repaint, it would have looked too much out of place! will fit this original part soon, then the very nice repro will be for sale again, made from a set of drawings someone gave me years ago,

Lex

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

sept 2021 cover sprayed.jpeg

sept 2021 cover sprayed 2.jpeg

Edited by welbike
additional info
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi, fascinated to see your restoration in progress ,very impressed nice work, I am currently working on one of these engines, and would like to pick your brains on fitting the oil pump as there is no sealing between the pump and crankcase, I have never seen a set up quite like it, can you offer any advice ?

OK, well, no gasket is shown in the manual or parts list, I seem to remember I used some thin liquid gasket compound where it bolts to the crankcase, there are however 2 gaskets within the pump, see page from parts list.

Manual is a bit useless on detailed information on most fronts!

See also picture of original gasket set I found many years ago.

Hope this helps,

Lex

PS, I have a spare Clarkair manual for sale.

Image (2).jpg

20161206_163722.jpg

1003676.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, there were basicly 2 wrecks, and one good one was made of them, here some pictures, the orange one came from the UK, but no details as to how, when and where, the red one I got from California, and was in very good order, but no engine.

Lex

DCP_0555.JPG

DCP_0738.JPG

DCP_0741.JPG

22112007032.jpg

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

WP_000846.jpg

• 1 month later...

Little update, ordered a Willard battery case from the US, took a while to arrive, as I had it sent to a forwarder, but once in Holland, and when I picked it up, I immediately fitted it, and like it a lot!

Needs to have a little packing under the case, to lifting it about 3/4" up, and the nuts will be not so far down on the hold down rack.

Cheers,

Lex

IMG_8138.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 4:30 PM, RWSScarb said:

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a crawler forsale in the UK?.

Hi, did you get fixed up? A friend of mine has the best part of two dozers with a shed load of spares he’s looking to sell. It’s a project but there’s everything there to make one good dozer with plenty of leftover parts to sell on

Chris