WD RE 125cc electrical fittings

Ant

Hi  anybody know where I can get hold of the correct Miller back light  and if anybody is making the correct electrical  connectors and how many I need I’ve tried Mr  Van Dorp  unfortunately he’s run  out and he’s not sure if he’s going to be  making any more I’ve managed to get hold of the correct light switch and some of the other bits and pieces  worst case scenario don’t know it’s right I have heard of some flying flea  being fitted Lucas back lights  usually depot level  when  being refitted if they couldn’t get hold of the Miller  I don’t know if this is right or not and does anybody have the measurements of whereabouts it should be fitted on the back Mud  guard

Roy was making some very nice replicas, copied from my original. I have one on my Velo MAF below. I don't think he wants to make them now? Maybe the tube part is ok, which can be married to a Lucas base. Probably the lens and rim is too problematic?  Ron

DSCF1045.jpg

If you start to make any will you please  let me know meantime are any of the Lucas ones you’re making for sale ? I No it’s not hundred percent right  To fit a  Lucas  looks to be as close as I can get at the minute 

Hello all, I made one for my WD/RE. When I got the bike it had a Lucas unit. So I set to on the lathe and made one from ally (easier to machine), well when I said I made 'one' I made a few that ended up in the bin before I was happy with one. The hardest bit was to repro the lens ring. This I did by cutting a groove in the end of the tube and profiling the end.

The lens was a piece of domed LED torch plastic cut to size painted red and glued in. I think it looks ok. 

Kings

I wish I could do that unfortunately haven’t got a  late to turn it on  however today I struck lucky it’s not 1 miller  although  he may yet have one in Pieces either way I’ll try and get  any parts he has  least I can fit this till I can sort something out I know a  of lots of people looking for Lucas as well as miler  but I don’t need I will post on  here  

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1