Mathewson Auction Austin K2

matchlesswdg3

Hi Ted,

yes, how time flies. Glad to see you still on here. There are some very impressive projects. Joined up looking for RR B81 info. to help with a Dennis F26.

The heavy unit is safe and well and staying with a good friend in Yorkshire.

My memory of Leuchars is running over the spotlight lens and reflector after it popped out going over a sped bump. I honestly couldn’t find a trace of it. That and camping in the back of the cab.

ATB

Peter

Just to refresh your memory- Here is your FYY160; I took the shots in front of Hanger 56,   now I think this could well be 1993 or 1994 as my old office in the 1917 wooden hut has gone. I can't remember who owned the ambulance. I don't think it was Jimmy Wood's as his had an ex ministry reg GLU** or similar reg number.

Take care 

TED

FYY 160 leu 001.jpg

FYY 160 leu 002.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ted, thanks for the pics. Unfortunately it has the model B 4 cylinder engine. 4 tons and 52 BHP is not an ideal driving experience (apart from economy). I’ve had a shot of the V8 engined heavy unit (the late Mick Paul’s) when I took a trip down to Cannock in 1993 (drove the 7V all the way down there and back!).

ATB

Peter

Edited by 7VHU
  • Thanks 1