FV430 Track pads

SebBrady

6 hours ago, diesel1 said:

Will the backing plates be totally flat steel or curled up at the edges like the original plates?

Backing plate curved as per original bud. 

They have been designed off the old pad to be a 1:1 replacement part. The only thing that will be different is the thread moved to metric as this will lower the cost of the production. Each pad comes with all fittings as well which is useful. 

Please see snippet of one of the drawing which shows the backing plate.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all, 

Sorry for the delays with this, life etc. So I have finally got my two documents back that I would prefer from the MOD release. This took a long time for the documents to appear which I would assume through COVID and holidays. Sadly they proved little to no difference in the plan but it doesn't hurt to get them to make sure. Both documents fully photographed to make sure I got all the details which has in depth information about the failures etc. If I have time I will write it all up into a word document if anyone is actually interested. 

The final drawings are back now and I have made some measurement alterations. I also need to finish discussing the tensile strength of the replacement bolt. 

If you are still interested in the project can you please email fv430trackpads@outlook.com and this will be a pseudo official channel for myself to record and for yourselves as a method of communication. Could you please include your name, contact number and quantity of pads you would like. 

I will leave this open for a month. After this I will speak to the company to gain the prices off this level of manufacture, communicate back out to you all through email and we can then decide to proceed or not. 

Hope to hear from you all soon.