WD RE flying flea C numbers one wiring loom

Ant

Hi does anybody know how to figure out what c Number is for my bike it frame and engine number is v2088 and frame 6185  does anybody know where I can get the right light switch  it was anybody have a copy of the wiring loom  any help is  appreciated 

11 minutes ago, Ant said:

Hi does anybody know how to figure out what c Number is for my bike it frame and engine number is v2088 and frame 6185  does anybody know where I can get the right light switch  it was anybody have a copy of the wiring loom  any help is  appreciated 

A1308CAA-AFF6-4126-A4CC-3E6668F85BDB.jpeg

F8AF66B1-F0C7-407D-B744-83EC54784A2E.jpeg

1A83970B-62A4-432A-B382-0EFBA0C1A9A9.jpeg

Edited by Ant

Same contract as mine. The correct Royal Enfield font and size stencils are now available from Axholme signs. Reference "Jan Vandevelde" if you contact them.   https://www.axholmesigns.co.uk/

The paint code is BS 499 Service Brown. Paint conversion to nearest RAL number can be made here from colour range BS381C

https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alternatives.asp

Ron

FDSCF2706.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:20 PM, Flying_flea said:

WD/RE # 6185 was sent to War Dept. depot on the 17th February 1942.
It is from contract # S/12945 for 4000 machines

S/1945 WD/RE census number = ( frame number + 5.107.000 )

This gives C5113185 for this machine

hope this helps 🙂

Small correction... #6185 was despatched from the factory on 17/02/1944, destination War Department Handsworth, under contract S/1945 (4000 motorcycles). I agree with the census number though... As for the stencils, have a look at this thread:

I notice that this is the rather sorry looking project that was on eBay in September 2019... Brave man! 👍

Edited by rewdco

On 11/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, rewdco said:

Small correction... #6185 was despatched from the factory on 17/02/1944, destination War Department Handsworth, under contract S/1945 (4000 motorcycles). I agree with the census number though... As for the stencils, have a look at this thread:

I notice that this is the rather sorry looking project that was on eBay in September 2019... Brave man! 👍

After  getting ripped off at 2 auction  people going in buying after the auction had finished  I finally got a  very beat up example  saying That i did have  quite a  large pile of use and new old stock parts been after one for quite a long time so I have been buying parts for the last six years however this one has been quite a  project so far I will post some pictures when I’m a bit further on 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:12 AM, Ron said:

Same contract as mine. The correct Royal Enfield font and size stencils are now available from Axholme signs. Reference "Jan Vandevelde" if you contact them.   https://www.axholmesigns.co.uk/

The paint code is BS 499 Service Brown. Paint conversion to nearest RAL number can be made here from colour range BS381C

https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alternatives.asp

Ron

FDSCF2706.jpg

Thanks Ron  hopefully mine will look almost as good as yours But I have a long way to go yet I have had to used 2 repro  parts so far headlight and kickstart does anybody know where I can get hold of the correct light switch and rear miller light 

I have run out of my repro's, sold the last one recently, if enough interest I can make more, but they sell very slow, and it's costly to have them made.

So not sure if I will fork out close to a thousand pounds to have 10 sets made again.

Note these are very different to normal WD bike grips. 

Cheers,

Lex

DSCN2080.JPG

IMG_8328 - kopie.jpg

Lightweights%20052.jpg

Lightweights%20055.jpg

Edited by welbike
spelling

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know where I can get hold of correct tires  slowly but surely getting there  and does anybody know the correct size of the studs for the rear of the seat ones Hitchcock’s sent me don’t quite look right 

image.jpg

Does anybody know where I can get hold of correct tires  slowly but surely getting there  and does anybody know the correct size of the studs for the rear of the seat ones Hitchcock’s sent me don’t quite look right thanks Ron