Jump to content

British Korean War Pioneer saw, is it off a M.V., and what is the type of buckle called?


Recommended Posts

I have had this 1952 British saw for years and as I am in the middle of a saw sharpening frenzy it came to light with some of the others.

So I was wondering is this a bit of M.V. kit, or just general issue?

I am also trying to find a supply of the type of buckle used on the sheath, or if anyone knows their correct name, I want 2 or 3  1" ones for another project, but as I don't know what they are called I haven't found them on line as yet.

Ta in advance....Gareth


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just search on   say  OVER CENTRE  BUCKLE  ,   stainless or galvanized , different makes - slight differences  - you should find yours.   Used to secure spare wheel straps on Rally Cars and MOD  Land Rover bonnet mounted spare wheel.

Trailer parts catalogues etc.

https://www.nationwide-trailer-parts.co.uk/products/galvanised-over-centre-buckle?variant=33018746887&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7oLVnefm7AIVj6l3Ch0xegyCEAQYBCABEgKbG_D_BwE


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...