Wanted - Marchless WD G3

bikermoss

Don't know what the reserve is of course, but going rate for one of these, private sale, is around the £6 to £7k mark for a good one.  I am not sure of the finer points on the G3 so cannot tell if its 100%.  But even if it isn't it could be a good buy.  I would want to check out how the restoration was done - on a complete and original bike or did it require parts and if so what were these bits - genuine or repro?  For example, if for some reason the bloke used repro' Indian-made girder forks, that is a disaster and try and find a useable set of original ones!  I have posed a query as to how good this one is on the BSA M20 site which is populated by some very knowledgeable folk so will be interesting to see what they come up with.  If you are interested in the bike I suggest you give the bloke a ring.  At present, viewing is about to become off-limits, I guess.  I had one of these, panel tank version and they are good  looking bikes and actually faster in a straight line on a road than the G3L.

• 1 month later...