Restoration 4 - Matchless G3 Panel Tank

flyingfleasteve

I also buy Nooky's nuts. They're UK made and have the correct bearing surface to the nuts and no stampings on the bolt heads. I'm not so keen on the bright zinc plaiting and so far over the years I've managed to get them cad plated by the ice cream tub load.......Not sure how long that service will continue though.  http://www.nookysnuts.com/  Ron

Edited by Ron
  • Like 1

Whatever plug you use, it doesn't matter much, the petrol has changed so much, that the original standards don't mean anything anymore, I just use whatever I have, mostly NOS stuff, and see if the colour is about right, when back from a good ride.

Lex

PS, got some boxes of nice US plugs in recently!

IMG_1580.jpg

2 hours ago, welbike said:

Whatever plug you use, it doesn't matter much, the petrol has changed so much, that the original standards don't mean anything anymore, I just use whatever I have, mostly NOS stuff, and see if the colour is about right, when back from a good ride.

Lex

PS, got some boxes of nice US plugs in recently!

IMG_1580.jpg

Nice Lex!

I just went for the bling of the Lodge plug…..😆

23 hours ago, Ron said:

Steve how bad is your old mudguard? Is it a scrapper? If so, could you salvage a short piece for me or the tail section from behind the number plate.  Cheers Ron

Morning Ron.

I pulled out the old rear mudguard this morning, unfortunately it appears someone has already taken the end section of it, I am sorry.

Il get the measurements of the number plate location.

36B04807-4B73-4616-92F6-E57F23EBFB26.jpeg

44386D3D-1F3D-437A-A7C8-7E5F4F2950B2.jpeg

Steve if you can bare to cut that old mudguard and send me a decent section (say 6"-7") I'll let a piece in behind the number plate.  It looks to me like about 3" sticking out below the number plate.  Cheers Ron 

On 10/11/2021 at 6:45 PM, welbike said:

Very nice Steve, I'd only matt chrome the clock blanking plate, all originals I had were like that.

Is the Mansfield lable original on your saddle cover? could you take some pictures of that please, we're trying to get some made.

Cheers,

Lex

I have an original brass Mansfield badge from my original flea saddle if that helps?. I’ll send measurements and a scan to you later 🙂

sam

9 hours ago, Ron said:

Great stuff. Lex has found me a G3 tail piece which is coming over at the weekend with other Dutch mates. Another interesting project to get stuck into soon. Ron😊

IMG_3608.jpg

Ron that’s great news! I measured the position of my rear numberplate, it sits approximately 55mm from the base of my mudguard….(the rear guard on my bike is repro) .If you need anything else, give me a shout. Keep us updated on progress!

CEC1EEF1-8040-4262-A857-C23E764EEC52.jpeg