£ Bargain , but w.t.f. is it ? well - I know it is a armored body.

ruxy

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, G506 said:

That looks like a Glover Webb body to me

Yes, agree - it does have the 'look'.

I had pondered on Stonefield (Scotland)  ,  some pre-pro that had stood around 40 years and then somebody had done the DP (that does seem a recent re-finish).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ltwtbarmy said:

This isn’t a cab over axle. The bonnet is sitting behind the body. Also, looks like what might be a rear light pod is sitting just behind the bonnet, with Penman written on it.

Yes , you are correct , I hadn't looked at the other photograph of bonnet in detail, the other photograph - the blue dazzel DP is doing what it is supposed to do.   Looking again at the Hotspur photograph (Land Rover by John Tippler (1996) , using imagination of bonnet in front of cab - clearly it confirms Hotspur.  Windscreen details differ slightly , along with vision holes for glazing & rifle ports - same , rear body detail seems different but only slightly.

1 hour ago, eddy8men said:

i've just bought it and apparently no one really knows what it's original designation was. i was told it might have been a protoype for an iraqi afv contract  but it's not certain. i may never find out. 

I hope you start a  'reconstruction project' thread ,,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eddy8men said:

i may do a little modification here and there :)

Gurkha-Main.jpg

Certainly plenty of scope there !

Is there any form of chassis members on underside  ?    Any bolt holes with paint off that would be a clue to any original suspension etc.  assuming they got that far . Interior does suggest it was at a running stage.

it looks to have been up and running as a demonstrator  but was stripped afterward.

the current plan is to get hold of a beefy chassis and big yank diesel with autobox to go under it. i could use a land rover but i want it to be strong. i'm also going to make it amphibious as it's already a sealed steel box so it will float whether you want it to or not! should be an interesting project and will make a welcome change from slavish restoration