Hotchkiss Jeep Tyres.

slick50

Please can anyone tell me if there are any  New tyres available matching the original ones fitted to the Hotchkiss. ....Kleber or Good Year pattern....(not bar treads)

I'm asking for a friend

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by slick50

The M201  Hotchkiss was factory fitted with a three block design - all on the same helix skew but alternate staggered ,  The idea of the M201 was 'home content' (France).  So - I would guess they were Michelin.  Later still Michelin introduced the XCL  , again 3 block in staggered pattern but on a shallow Vee.    ISTR the Kleber tyre was the 'Military  modified' (sometimes called NATO tyre , this was a staggered bar with central spine  BUT the bars had small sipes across,  this was a pattern used on the Land Rover  101" when in service.    Look at the Land Rover Lightweight thread presently running - the  6.00x16 is a block tread - the nearest available AFAIK to what you need , will have the correct speed/load Index. PR etc for a WW2 era style / weight of $eep.   As stated the Malhotra is Indian manufacture and is  £ cheap.  Strikes me they have obtained the moulds for the LASSA (Turkey)  OK-144 tyre.     Turkey AFAIK still manufacture their own Defender clones & use LASSA tyres - I have run these tyres and the compound was far superior to Far East imported copies of the Good Year Hi-Miller Extra Grip ,  also - I would say better tyre than a Extra Grip that was made in England.  The EG's made in Morocco were total rubbish.