Water pump for unknown vehicle

B series

Hi all,

Does anyone know which vehicle type this NOS water pump might be used on?

It is ex British army stores, WWII or just after wrapped up in waxed paper,  it could be for a Studebaker Weasel because it was stored with many Weasel parts, but also other British WW II vehicle parts, but I don't really know it's background other than it has been in storage since the 1960's. Would be a shame to scrap it, but hard to place if it is not known what it fits.

ID in casting is :  EBP8505A

It is cast iron with  three bolt fixing to engine block, and a 2 inch OD water pipe connection.

image.png.16d6f9952394eb407f2dfadb017a1280.png

image.png.f2b0abc28c61a2c6c44a51afc1e4932c.png

image.png.289901e743d2e4161ca4cf20d5b1048a.png

Many thanks for your assistance...

B Series

nearest i can think of is austin westminster 6 potter engine was fit in morris and austin k9 dont know what models prior to that just loked at profile see you have k9 so should be easy to check

Edited by cosrec

Hello all,

Thank you cosrec for reply. The water pump is very similar to the Austin K9, almost a mirror image with the main water pipe on the other side and single rather than the double belt pulley on the K9. The pump could fit a Austin 6 Cylinder engine but in  another installation /vehicle. 

I did some investigation before asking HMVF members for assistance, and I know it does not fit: Commer Q4, Morris Commercial LC3, Austin K9, Bedford TK 330, Rolls Royce B series engines, Bedford RL, Willys / Ford Jeep, Land Rover S1/II/III,  

It is a shame that so many ex military parts either loose their identification labels, or they only have a NSN which is hard to cross reference. I have  many ex army spares parts, many from WWII era, but very difficult to match to vehicles, especially US parts covered in Cosmoline and no labels. Transmission gears and engine valves are very hard to identify.

I hate throwing stuff away when I am sure someone somewhere could make use of the component.

Regards

B Series

I remember original weasel pumps are desirable because they have a different body to fan dimension from the civilian Champion one, but don't recognise it.

How good is your thread recognition?  Take that plug out and see if it is NPT maybe?

Hi all,

Thank you sterling1961 for the link giving ID & pt number.  The number is very similar to the part numbers for the water pumps (Pt No's E8RT 8503 & 8504) fitted to the Ford Thames 3 Ton 4x4 GS truck, that was fitted with the Ford V8 petrol engine from the 1950's, but those waters pumps are a diffrent casting design with a 5 bolt fixing compared to my 3 bolt fixing design. Anyway you have confirmed it is a Ford water pump, many thanks.

B series.

• 2 weeks later...