Mystery Object No.41

fv1609

surely you have figured it out now , its for a ground based object....... that's a snood for an elephant.keeps its ears clean, they hate having dirty ears !! and covers its eyes to calm it while being transported.

Ingenious but not its proper function

The first way up was correct, it's a gag for wingeing wives, used for when you announce that you have just bought ANOTHER green machine.

John.

Well if it was proven to work, I'm sure Jack wouldn't miss a marketting opportunity for some & inscribed Don't blame me, HMVF made me do it - its all Jack's fault :-D

It's a damm fly screen. the pointy bits go over the ers and the rest is made of a gauze, you can still buy them.Or if its solid its uaed as a blindfold to load horses on vehicles rail trucks.

No, no, no, yes that's true we've got some here, no.

Damn.........just had another look at the 2nd pic, it is a cover for a pack horse or mule to cover the pannier load and animal.

Yes exactly right, well done Richard.

Size does matter & everyone seemed to miss the clue about size in an earlier reply.

Just for the finale, cos it ain't over yet, what was the purpose of this cover?

coveranimal.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

Thanks Clive!

purpose? Camouflage, maybe.

Yes absolutely right, a double well done.

So you can sleep contented tonight then! I can because I came 6th in a dog with the waggiest tale competition :-D

Thanks, I really did not give this one much thought until tonight.

I hope you mean it was your dog that came 6th, and not you with a waggy tail :-D

Well you never know! I, sorry we, came joint 2nd in dog cross country/obstacle race. Ended up the dog pulling me over, wanting to go one direction, me ending up on all fours tugging/dragging the dog over the finishing line.

Yes absolutely right, a double well done.

So you can sleep contented tonight then! I can because I came 6th in a dog with the waggiest tale competition :-D

As far as camouflage goes with horses and mules, they were also subject to what is known as a Hobday operation. This involves making an incision in the throat and removing the vocal cords. Now only used for veterinary reasons. Also light coloured animals were sometimes washed with Iodine. to darken them. My old Veterinary lecturer at college was ex RAVC. You think military vehicles can give problems.