NEW FERRET PROJECT - PARTS WANTED (PLEASE) FERRET WHEEL STATION PARTS - ETC - - CHECK THOSE SHEDS ! 00 EC 97

FUGLYONE

I am looking for any Ferret  wheel station parts to help get a ferret back on its wheels. I am looking for any  parts, NOS or parts you have taken off and kept? As long as they are usable I don't  mind work in dismantling, cleaning, blasting etc to get the parts into a usable condition? I also need a coil spring, and an off side engine cover. If I can get these parts together then its a worthwhile project, but the vehicle is borderline parts donor itself. Better if it could be put back together.  I am in Derbyshire , but am happy to travel.

Here is my wish list:

Engine cover ( O/S)

Coil spring

Wishbones (any)

Driveshafts / joints 

Hub parts (Etc)

Brake drums - Brake parts 

Longer term I am after all the  tinny bits that rust, but that's a long way off at the moment. Please let me know what you have and a price .  07866 367059

Thanks

I  have a couple of boxes  of NOS hub gears eg sun wheels ,I think annulus, 2 hub s planet holders bearings .I also have a box of various hub parts covered in grease old stock probably need cleaning.  I have done a few centre bins for my Ferrets and friends Ferrets but they are a pain  and use a lot of sheet steel and take about  2 weeks to do. If you are interested I will send you some pictures

Laurence

On 9/7/2020 at 10:10 PM, tankdiver said:

I  have a couple of boxes  of NOS hub gears eg sun wheels ,I think annulus, 2 hub s planet holders bearings .I also have a box of various hub parts covered in grease old stock probably need cleaning.  I have done a few centre bins for my Ferrets and friends Ferrets but they are a pain  and use a lot of sheet steel and take about  2 weeks to do. If you are interested I will send you some pictures

Laurence

Yes please ! I  am interested, but have not worked out how to send a PM, please can you give me a call ?  07866 367059

Edited by FUGLYONE

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi - so far I have been lucky. I  bought the back end of a ferret complete with two wheelstations, and two bevel boxes. Then I was offered a mark 1/2 turret which is correct for the vehicle. The hull is completely stripped and my parts store is slowly building up. I found the brake drums, rear backplates and another 2 parts wheelstations. I have all the propshafts.

After finishing stripping the hull out, I freed off all the hatches, and am needle gunning the hull. Its quick and cheap, and I can do  in sections. Engine is "soaking".  Gearbox not touched yet.