Is it Me - I can't see any photos

64EK26

1 minute ago, Jessie The Jeep said:

That's a shame. Looks like that's the end of my vehicle threads and probably my involvement here.

You can still upload them here directly, or better yet you can install an SSL certificate on your own site and the problem is solved as well. 

I don't want my pictures hosted elsewhere. Had problems before with that and I'm not interested in getting all technical with web stuff. I'll just pull the plug thread updates and let them die. It's been a fun ride but the latest update has killed it for me. I'll hang around, but probably won't post any more.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jessie The Jeep said:

I don't want my pictures hosted elsewhere. Had problems before with that and I'm not interested in getting all technical with web stuff. I'll just pull the plug thread updates and let them die. It's been a fun ride but the latest update has killed it for me. I'll hang around, but probably won't post any more.

I am sorry to hear that

Before long you are likely to be unable to link from anywhere to a site that doesn't support SSL, and probably won't be able to access a non-SSL site from any mainstream browser. It is actually a very sensible move towards better security, and whilst I fully understand a reluctance to get all technical it is probably just postponing the inevitable.

I take it this is what puts the "Padlock" security sign on the browser ?

Out of interest, what are the security benefits of this for the individual user ? (in none computer geek language please !) 🙄  

Oddly the only site I use that does not have this showing is BT mail, go figure..

3 hours ago, Mk3iain said:

I take it this is what puts the "Padlock" security sign on the browser ?

22 hours ago, Jessie The Jeep said:

image.png.2e6c647e9a980c228986ca40838dd476.png

So the red crossed-through padlock is now the problem ? Why the change ? What now needs more security ? HMVF is not exactly a bank website, for me anyway even the ' Store ' tab is empty and in any case logically payment would be via Paypal etc.

Further individual members are responsible for any personal detail they share publicly or via PM.

I am looking at HMVF on a PC running Linux Mint. I see quite a lot of minor changes to colours and text layout which I will presumably get used to but I note when I look at a thread that I have looked at before, there is now a line drawn across the page under the posts that I have already seen, thus highlighting those that have been added. Good idea !

I also find that, in the list of threads, if I hover the cursor over the title of a thread so that the preview window appears, if I then click on 'mark this thread read' button, instead of just deleting the green (or is it blue now ?) dot, it opens the thread which I think is not what should happen.

I find it very frustrating when computers do not behave intuitively and when the 'updates' change things that worked perfectly well before - but then I am an old git !

Many thanks though to those that have been wrestling with the latest round of problems on behalf of the rest of us and indeed for the effort that goes into the general running of the site that most of us are completely unaware of.

David

• Like 1
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...