Pressure issues No2 Modified Stove

Surveyor

I have just started on servicing my MoD stove collection, I have a No2 Modified stove and after checking all washers etc were shrivelled and bone dry.

After replacing all washers rubbers etc, using a kit form Fettle Box I started reassembling; Pump pressures with finger over end, spring in small brass tube moves and all holes are clear, however the pump does not pressurise once hand tight, if I loosen it slightly the air goes down the thread and escapes, this I feel would allow the diesel into the pump if left.

Any clues would be appreciated, as I have another 5 to service

IMG_20200802_134405.jpg

IMG_20200802_134444.jpg

Stupid question, but does the liquid being pumped aid in the sealing and making of pressure? We have a hand fluid transfer pump for diesel that pumps like crazy and so easy until the fluid reaches a certain point inside then it becomes solid and lots of work to pump fuel, kind of looses its prime is al I can describe it as

Robin

Been away all week so looked at it again, I am a member of the classic stove forum as well, one gent posted pictures and as far as i could tell i had everything correctly installed, looking this morning i noticed the washer he had was flush with the metal traveller, looked at mine and inside its holding tube, there is a ridge in the tube where the thread finishes, cut my washer plumb and it now works.

Carried out a pressure test and small bubbles coming through the pressure valve in the filler cap, need to look at that again.

Having fun though, small victories

IMG_20200808_092359.jpg