Please complete the National Historic Vehicle Survey to keep transport heritage on our roads.

Surveyor

This arrived in my in box;

The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs are having to make the case for historic vehicles retaining their current access and freedoms on our roads more and more strongly in coming years, as we navigate the most challenging period in our history. In order to defend the future of historic vehicles, they need your help by completing this crucial survey.

The Yorkshire Post recently quoted Grant Shapps, Secretary of State for Transport as saying “ I’m sorry internal combustion engine fans, I think its days are overall likely to be numbered.”

A local authority, in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, recently debated a motion, which was fortunately defeated, to cancel its historic vehicle rally and parade. 

The historic vehicle community, its events, freedoms to use the roads and even the fuel we use, are under increasing threats and pressures amidst a changing landscape of political and environmental influences.

If we are to defend the use of historic vehicles, then we need to act and act now.  The Federation needs your help.

The FBHVC is in the process of carrying out its 2020 National Historic Vehicle Survey, an update to a similar survey undertaken in 2016.  If we are to represent the case for historic vehicles in the best possible way we need to have up to date information about the movement and how important the movement is to the economy, particularly in current COVID-19 circumstances.

The answers you give in this survey, will help shape the future for historic vehicles within the United Kingdom for the next 5 years.

The FBHVC aims to lobby Government against adverse legislation and restrictions that may affect the future for historic vehicles. But, in order to achieve a positive result, the organisation needs to have reliable data on the significance and size of the historic vehicle movement to hand. 

The survey takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete depending on the answers you give. Please complete the survey in one sitting.

On submission of your questionnaire, you will be given the opportunity to enter a prize draw to win one of the following prizes: A year’s Club Insurance policy to the value of £250 including IPT, courtesy of Peter James Insurance, one of three pairs of tickets for the 2020 Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show with Discovery, Courtesy of Clarion Events, or one of 15 display copies of the FBHVC’s historic vehicle wall chart.

Complete the survey here: https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/2020-enthusiast-survey

• Like 1

The next few years are a worrying time for all of us with historic vehicles. Perhaps one day we will only be allowed to show them as 'static' and have to transport them to and from events on a modern form of transport.

I dont think this will happen though, there will always be an allowance or maybe a restriction set on how much a vehicles can be used and maybe only on specific days/dates? 

There are a lot of very prominent people who not only enjoy this hobby but also promote it, they will have quite a say in this debate also.

Lets take the time to fill in the form and put all of our backing into moving our hobby forward.

• Like 2

Just now, Hair Bear said:

Sorry, they are asking too many questions .

What is it? How often do you use it? Valid queries.

Where is it kept? How is it secured? What's it worth? I wouldn't disclose that to anyone I didn't know.

I flannelled cost etc

21 minutes ago, Hair Bear said:

Sorry, they are asking too many questions .

What is it? How often do you use it? Valid queries.

Where is it kept? How is it secured? What's it worth? I wouldn't disclose that to anyone I didn't know.

As above, too many questions and I don't see the relevance.

Jon

I spent three hours collating  all the data and entering it only for it to wipe the screen clear, telling me it had timed out. It seems that it will only except five vehicle and  assumes no sane person would collect more.

Bring in the men with the white straight jacket and take me away. See you in the nut house, I will let you know the visiting hours.

Cheers Mick

• 3 months later...